The Community Gardens program operates to support existing community gardens and to encourage development of new community gardens. Through our one day workshop we teach the fundamentals on engaging the community, team building, and site preparation and design.
If you are thinking of starting a community garden:
- Come to our free monthly Info Sessions.
- Take our Starting a Community/School Garden Workshop.
- Visit or volunteer at existing gardens
- Engage the community you hope will participate in the garden.
- Read through The Basics of starting a garden.
Urban Harvest offers continuing support to community gardens through our Affiliate Garden Program.