Urban Harvest's Farmers Market welcomes SNAP Benefits!
50 vendors now accepting SNAP/EBT!
What is SNAP?
The USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) offers nutrition assistance to millions of low-income individuals and families. Through benefits distributed by the Food and Nutrition Service, SNAP aims to increase food accessibility to communities in need.
How to use SNAP at the Farmers Market:
Stop by the green Urban Harvest tent to exchange your SNAP benefits for $1 or $5 coupons to spend on eligible products. These coupons do not expire, so you can spend them the same day or save for another time!
What can I buy with my SNAP coupons?
- Fruits, vegetables, and herbs
- Cheese, eggs, and other dairy products
- Meat products (red meat, seafood, poultry)
- Bread and other baked goods
- Honey, maple syrup, jams, and sauces
- Seeds and plants that produce food (e.g. basil seeds or tomato plants)
For more about our SNAP vendors, check out the interactive map below, and visit the Meet Our Vendors page!