The Community Gardens program operates to support existing community gardens and to encourage development of new community gardens. Through our one day workshop we teach the fundamentals on engaging the community, team building, and site preparation and design.
If you are thinking of starting a community garden:
- Come to our free monthly Info Sessions.
- Take our How to Start a Community/School Garden Workshop.
- Visit existing gardens, or even better volunteer in one.
- To volunteer in a garden and see other Urban Harvest volunteer opportunities, please see our volunteer page.
- Engage the community you hope will participate in the garden.
- Read through The Basics of starting a garden.
Urban Harvest offers continuing support to community gardens through our Affiliate Garden Program.