Part of Urban Harvest's mission is to support gardens in greater Houston that improve their communities. Urban Harvest's Affiliate Garden program offers resources for community gardens through a wide range of benefits:
- Complimentary spots at our classes
- Listing in the Garden Directory
- Referral of individual and group volunteers
- Free seeds at the Urban Harvest office and events
- Gardening advice
- Participation in the Adopt-a-Garden Program
- Free plant starts, materials, and education at Hub Distributions
- Subscription to our quarterly planting guide
- Posting access to our Community Gardens Facebook Group
How to Become an Affiliate Community Garden
1. Provide Urban harvest with up-to-date contact information for our database, including:
- Garden address and full name
- Garden leader and contact information
- Whether or not your garden is looking for additional volunteers
- What day(s) and time(s) members/volunteers meet regularly to garden at the site
2. Schedule a visit with the Community Gardens Committee to come see your garden.
3. Complete the Becoming an Affiliate Garden Survey
4. Purchase a Community Garden Affiliate sign for your garden. For more information or to order a community garden sign please contact email@example.com
See where Community Gardens are in your area! Check out our Garden Directory and Map
Our Hub Distributions provide free transplants, materials, and education to affiliate gardens. Find out about our upcoming Hub Distribution.
The Adopt-a-Garden Program brings together your garden, a community partner, and Urban Harvest volunteers and representatives for three large-scale volunteer projects and exciting hands-on demonstrations throughout the year. Learn more about the Adopt-a-Garden Program.